Called To Serve

Called To Serve
Mexico, Mexico City North

Monday, November 17, 2014

Short & Sweet letter #19

My new companions name is Elder Toro. In Latin America they have 2 last names. Elder Toro es de Santiago, Chile. I prayed for a companion who was already ready to work and I got it. He is 24 years old and was a seminary teacher for 2 years. He and his mom are the only members in his family. He likes pokemon. He said he likes candy canes. They don't have those in Chile.

Alejandra returns today. She will be the first person that we visit. The baptismal date of Jose Luis fell because he didn't go to church 2 Sundays ago. He went to stake conference this Sunday and loved it. He said he wants to pay tithing. I think he will be baptized soon. He needs some more lessons and 2 more times in church.

Ha ha the Court of Honor sounds good. I couldn't give up on Riley he is one of my best friends. I still send him my emails. Elder Candelario is Brandon Candelario. Yes he liked the straws. I have heard from Chris. He's doing well too.

Short summary of this week because there isn't a computer in all of Alamedas and Elder Mendez can't write his family. 
This week was really rough. All of our citas fell this week. All. It really broke my heart until Elder Mendez said that this sadness that I'm feeling is only a little of what Jesus felt when he suffered. I got my new companion and he is great. He is just like a seminary teacher. Always happy. 

This week was stake conference and two 70´s spoke and Elder Anderson. It was really good. I was so glad that Jose Luis could attend. Well that's about all I have time for. 

Love you,
Elder Finlinson
                                                       Last day with Elder Candelario
               Andrew with his new companion Elder Toro and Elder Mendez with his new companion.
                                        All the missionaries in the Mexico City North Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment