Called To Serve

Called To Serve
Mexico, Mexico City North

Monday, August 25, 2014

Letter #7.

Monday is p day. We went bowling and shopping today and cleaned the house. There is so much I want to say but I can´t in so little time. I received a tender mercy from heavenly father the day before we left. Every Sunday they show a slideshow of the missionaries that are leaving. I told Elder Fraser 3 weeks earlier that if they played Army of Helaman for ours that it would be a tender mercy for me that God knows that I needed a little boost. Sure enough That song came on and I started to cry because i´m a bawl baby. On Monday at the presidents house they showed us the 20 seconds of courage quote. It was in spanish so I didn´t understand totally, but I got the idea of it. I had an interview with the president and he told me that the Lord has been preparing me for this mission since before I was even born. He also said that this mission will make me more than I can ever imagine. I also found out that my return date is June 22 2016.
I learned that its not safe to wear watches at all.... so that sucks, because I need to know what time it is. I went out with missionaries on Monday luckily Elder Colby was there with me, and now that I have my comp Elder Candelario from Las Vegas I live with two other missionaries. Elder Fraser from my district and Elder Mendez. That has helped me a ton. I am in the richest area in the whole mission by far! Like audi, BMW, and Porsche sales places are here. The houses are still right next to each other, but are usually 3 stories tall and packed with nice stuff. I lucked out. I also learned that on packages you should not write what is really inside it. Write "clothes, mission supplies, or candy".
The day I came out to the field in my new area it rained and hailed that monsoon rain all over my suitcases so all my things were absolutely soaked. Most of it has dried out, but others are kinda ruined. Oh well, I can´t do anything about it. 

So while here I´ve had deep fried pig skin. Its actually not bad. The members feed us everyday around 2 or 3 o´clock which makes the days go by faster. 
Some other experiences. First off, I have to give a  talk in Spanish next week. I don´t know how I can do that. 
The Lord puts us where he needs us. Once we walked into a fenced area which for some reason was open, as soon as we walked in, the door closed and we were locked in. In that street we got 3 contacts, a reference, and an investigator named Alan. The next time, my comp had some name written in his agenda, he didn´t know how, but we went there. turns out it was a member who had a non member friend over. We taught him and he said he wanted to be baptized. Too bad he doesn´t live in my area. We had to refer him to other missionaries. 
In sacrament meeting a little boy wearing a suit and a "futuro misionero" tag ran up and sat by me happily. We sang the songs together and he copied everything I did. It was adorable, the bad part is that I couldn´t really understand him. Oh well I´ll get better little by little.

Good to hear everything is going well at home. I hope my room is still a shrine to me. 

Love you
Elder Finlinson

No comments:

Post a Comment