Called To Serve

Called To Serve
Mexico, Mexico City North

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Letter #5

My companion's name is Elder Giles. He is way cool and is from Cedar City. He will be serving in Mexico City Chalco. Elder Colby is from Payson and will serve in my mission. I did receive one letter and the Dear Elder ones. Thanks for those. Most of my district actually hasn't received much except Elder Giles who's Aunts and Uncles send him a bunch of packages and letters. For the alarm clock, Instrumental, voice male, and if you could find the song "we are as the armies of Helaman" That would be much appreciated. It really is crazy to think that I am almost done with the CCM! I feel fairly ready to get out of here and can't even imagine having to be in the MTC for 3 months like how it used to be. I can almost say everything I want to say. There is still some mistakes in it, but I think it is still understandable. It was also cool because this week my companion and I taught a member. Our teacher said she speaks very fast, which she did. I felt prompted to have her share her favorite scripture with us since we were talking about receiving revelation from the scriptures. She shared one from Alma 37 (one of my favorites) and then she bore her testimony. I didn't understand all of it, but I could pick out words. One sentence I understood fully. She said that God is there for us in the Good times and in the bad. I really needed that at that time. It really proved to me to follow promptings immediately and listen to what they are saying instead of focusing on what you will say next. The ceiling didn't leak this time in the lesson. The rain wasn't as bad this week. But yeah the rain is crazy. Its awesome in class because I have been really trying to pick up the language. Usually in class practices the teacher picks the ones that are most fluent in Spanish, and this week I entered that group. That was a good accomplishment for me since others have taken a lot of spanish previously. 

Being District leader is ok. The start of this week sucked because one newly appointed Zone Leader won't work... Ever. He gets the other distritcts distracted too now and not just ours. Then on fast Sunday he snapped at me because I informed him that it was personal study time and not time to go to our casa and have tie trading party with a bunch of other people. I just took the words he said and didn't say anything back. I walked back to study. The branch president told me to keep the district focused I need to work through the hermanas in my group, Ive been doing this and it works much better. He still isn't changing much though. The end of this week was pretty good though. For p day we made our room dark and took a nap in our room with all the Elders from my district. We stole two unused mattresses from another room for two of the people. That was awesome. And I got my laundry done before 10 30 today. That made me happy.

Before family home evening just read 1 nephi chapter 19 verse 23. Thats all I got as of now. Most of the scriptures I've liked lately apply to mission work. Like the story of Ammon and I really liked Alma chapter 37.

Love you
Elder Finlinson

P.S.
I look forward to hearing about your family home evening about the Book of Mormon. The book is amazing, and If you read it looking to be inspired, you can be every time. It is a really great way to escape the stresses of the world (It basically replaced music on my mission). It has helped me a ton to grow and I look forward to sharing that with others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment