Called To Serve

Called To Serve
Mexico, Mexico City North

Monday, April 20, 2015

Letter # 41

I don't think I have bed bugs anymore, at least I hope. Well this week was interesting. I got sick on Tuesday and Wednesday. I think I ate something bad on Monday. Basically I just had no energy and struggled to move. I was also really cold all day. Then on Wednesday it was cool because we took a combi (a public transport here) and I tried to pay and he rejected the money and said "God bless you." I was super shocked and so was everyone inside. It was the first and last time I saw that man. Other weird things,  a guy contacted us talking in English. We couldn't teach him because he lives in Veracruz and was going to return. The kid was 18 years old and he didn't finish high school, but because he speaks English he got a job as an English teacher. It's crazy how much of a difference it makes to be able to speak two languages. Another dude contacted us just to say that he was in the "blood" gang in the U.S., but he got sent back. The dude spoke in rhymes which was pretty cool and crazy. Saturday we had a service project and cleaned the church. All us missionaries from this ward. And we ate Ribs and potatoes! That was a gift sent from heaven. Finally we broke the stereotype that all Americans eat are hot dogs and hamburgers. We told the missionaries this was American food and they were shocked. On Sunday after the meeting with President we went to visit a person who we had heard didn't want anything to do with us. When we passed by he said he had been praying that God would help him. About a minute later we arrived. He sent us off originally, but then about 3 minutes later followed us to tell us he wanted us to come talk to him. He told us that he needed help. We taught him the Restoration and how he can fix his problems. Then he accepted to be baptized. He is the first person in my time in Xahuento to accept to be baptized. 

The invitation: Think about your testimony and experience with the atonement and help another to find the peace and comfort that the atonement can bring them.

Also if you are going to send a package. Something I would want is sour candy like war heads. It is super funny to have latinos eat it. They always say ha ha white guys can't eat spicy food, but Elder Scott gave them sour candy, the faces they make are priceless. 

Love you, 
Elder Finlinson

               A picture from before but the computer he is using to send emails doesn't recognize his camera so no pictures for awhile. 










No comments:

Post a Comment