Called To Serve

Called To Serve
Mexico, Mexico City North

Monday, June 13, 2016

Letter #101

Fabiola didn't come to church this Sunday. I don't know if we will keep teaching her much longer. I wasn't able to go to Huehuetoca today, but I did go buy some shoes. I don't know what I would like to eat.(When he comes home.) I am not used to eating at 6:00/7:00 anymore and I can't fit much in my stomach anymore. I would say something Chinese to mix it up a bit.
I will go to the temple this Thursday morning. I will be on the same plane as Elder Huxford, Van Tassel, Black, and Stanger.
Best part of the week: We had a lesson with the Alegria family this week and in the end we invited them to be baptized. They have always told us no, but this time Gabriela (the mom) said yes. Then I didn't invite her to get baptized on a specific date like we need to do. The whole night I felt horrible and I asked God to give me a second chance to see them and invite them to be baptized. The next day we were walking in the street and we saw the Alegria family! They invited us in and we taught them about baptism and when we invited them to baptism in the end of July they all accepted! This Sunday they came to church and are very excited.

I loved that experience so much because it showed me that God wants me to repent and that if I have the desire to do what he wants me to do, He will do miracles to help me change. I have been able to see that God is a God of miracles many times this week. I hope you also recognize His hand in your lives too.

Funny experience: This morning I came to write and the electricity went out, went to cut my hair and the girl that cuts my hair wasn't there and the older lady that cut my hair..... well she cut it at least (it wasn't that great), then while we were eating the food slipped out of my hands and went ALL over my shirt. That has been my day so far. 
Love you,
Elder Finlinson

No comments:

Post a Comment