Called To Serve

Called To Serve
Mexico, Mexico City North

Monday, June 20, 2016

Letter #102 Last letter from the Mission Field

This week was great. We found 6 new people to teach and 2 of them came to church and are preparing to be baptized on July 24th! Patricia and Viridiana (the 2 people) went to the temple open house 9 months ago and have been waiting patiently for missionaries ever since. When we taught them, they were so happy when we invited them to be baptized saying, "I am convinced that this is what God wants me to do!" They came to church and LOVED it!

What will I miss most: The people that I have come to know and love.
What am I looking forward to when I get home: It will sound a little weird, but I am looking forward to the "disturbing the peace law". There won't be people shouting and weird sounds all the time. (I will explain later.)
Summarizing the mission: The best experience of my life up to this point, and the best experience to prepare me for the rest of my life. 

It still hasn't hit me that I am leaving. I delayed packing up to avoid all thoughts of going home until about an hour and a half ago. I have loved the mission and wouldn't trade this experience for anything. I know that it was God´s will for me to be here at this time.

Tomorrow morning we go to the offices, have a brief meeting, then eat with the new missionaries. Then we go to President´s house and we will do something, eat, have a devotional, and sleep. Then Wednesday at 9 we will be in the airport and at 3:30 we are in the air.

See you soon!

Love you,
Elder Finlinson
 The missionaries that will be coming home this week.
 Temple trip with missionaries that will be leaving.
At the beautiful Mexico City Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment