Called To Serve

Called To Serve
Mexico, Mexico City North

Monday, June 6, 2016

Letter #100

I visited Alamedas today!! Also I will fast for Jordon this Sunday. Thanks for telling me so that I can be praying too.
 
If I could go back to teach someone... I don't know because they are either baptized or they don't listen to the missionaries. If there would be someone it would be the Gamboa Family in Huehuetoca. They are a great family, I don't know what happened. They were really excited to progress in the church.
 An area that I would have liked to serve in, maybe Tepotzoltlan. It is a cool area I have heard, but who knows. 
I would like to visit all my areas again! 

This week was stake conference. We also had 4 investigators there. Fabiola came and invited a friend. Angel (he always comes). Sister Alegria and her daughter Gabby (a different daughter than last week). It was great. The last talks were great...The Mexico area plan and the Family Proclamation. The family proclamation has a lot of great things in it. I love the 3rd paragraph the most. It teaches so clearly Gods plan. 

I have thought a lot about a scripture lately in Nehemias. (I know right! Almost nobody knows who he is!) anyways, Nehemias was called by God to complete his own "mission" to reconstruct the walls of Jerusalem. Many people wanted him to relax or do something different, get distracted. Nehemias replied "I am occupied in a great work and cannot come down". We are all embarked in the work and Glory of the Living God and We Cannot Come Down. We don't have time to lose our way or get distracted, to complain, relax. God has called each one of us to come in these last days to work in his vineyard and work for the salvation of men (D&C 138: 56). I hope that we can all realize what a great calling we all have from God and that there is nothing more important that we could possibly do. 

I invite you to pray and ask God everyday, "What more can I do to help in your vineyard?" As you look for revelation the Holy Ghost will let you know what to do. Pray to be able to help someone to progress towards our Heavenly Father. Follow the impressions of the spirit. They are Commandments from God for YOU!

Love you,
Elder Finlinson
 Service Project
 Zone Tepalcapa Este
 Michelle and Her Mom (Andrew taught her and her Father)
 Andrew visiting his old area Alamedas and some of the people he taught who were baptized.
 Andrew and Elder Servin at the Mission Offices
Andrew and Elder Servin

No comments:

Post a Comment