Called To Serve

Called To Serve
Mexico, Mexico City North

Monday, January 12, 2015

Letter #27

The week. I had exchanges this week with Elder MacInnes in his area. Right now things are really good and kind of hard at the same time. Jose Luis has a baptismal date for January 25th (moved back from the 14th) and His daughter Michelle has one for February 8th. They both are progressing a lot. We will have lessons with them a lot this week because we explained that for their baptisms they need to complete  certain requirements. Alejandra and her son Juan Pablo had a fecha (baptismal date) and were going to go to church until a guy called her and said he was sorry he couldn't fix her car on Saturday like he said and that he was going to fix it at the same time as church... They both say they really want to be baptized. She doesn't work in a bar anymore either.
I did use the Harry Potter snuggie because it decided to freeze over in the mornings. I love the thing. The music was stellar. I love the Paul Cardall one (music) and we use it a lot. The pictures were sick! I could finally show the other elders how Utah is. The next transfer is February 3. I don't think I will be able to see Michelle, Alejandra, or Juan Pablo get baptized. (He thinks he will probably be transferred.) We will move apartments on February 2 I think. The neighbors aren't back.

Well this week, I learned a lot about "why are we here" We had appointments fall and I decided to do something about it, trusting that God is preparing people and putting them in our path. We have contacted every time an appointment falls and have found other people to teach. Also I have been Studying Preach My Gospel a lot more. They say that every member should have one and study it. "Every Member a Missionary" - David O McKay. It also has a lot of scriptures and strengthens our testimony in the basics. 

(I asked if he had any pictures to send. This was his reply.) Not really. I don't bring my camera around. In Mexico that isn't safe. I have some sunrises...

Love you
Elder Finlinson

No comments:

Post a Comment