Called To Serve

Called To Serve
Mexico, Mexico City North

Monday, September 28, 2015

Letter #64

It is a powerful zone. It's super small, but powerful. I love the district meetings and zone meetings with them.
Thanks for the ideas for lessons! And for the thoughts from church.

My old area Huehuetoca is prospering in the land. With 5 investigators with a baptismal date. All 5 Elder Urrutia and I found while I was in Huehuetoca. It's amazing to see them every Sunday with their smiles and desires to come unto Christ.

What food do I miss from home. Anything from the oven. Here in mexico they normally use the oven like they use it in the TV show "The middle". I kid you not. It is just a place to store things. What I would like to bring home with me would be Doritos nacho. They taste different here. It has a little spicy kick that I love. Also some candy bars. Mamut (its like a s´more) and milch idk how to describe it.

This week was a good week. Almost all of our appointments fell, but I learned things. I have been thinking about endure to the end and our covenants. Our covenants give us power from God to do what is right. We must think about what we are really promising every Sunday with the sacrament. Making and renewing covenants is the only way to receive eternal life.  We also must help others to make and keep covenants in order to act as Christ would act. 

I thought I would share a quote I heard from a less active this week. She said "We have the commandment to love our neighbor, but many don't even know who there neighbor is." Who are the people around us in school, ward, work, in the neighborhood? Many need help and would love a visit or someone to talk to. Before my mission I was shy and didn't talk to anyone if they didn't talk to me first. I realize now that I was breaking this commandment.

This week we will have the opportunity of hearing from the prophet and leaders of the church. They are the literal connection between God and us right now. I would like to invite you to prepare yourselves to receive revelation for your lives in the conference. Write questions, doubts, and think about your life right now. Then listen. Not just to what they say (although that is important), but to what the spirit will tell you. As we do this we can receive revelation from God in every moment of our lives.

Love you
Elder Finlinson

No comments:

Post a Comment