Called To Serve

Called To Serve
Mexico, Mexico City North

Monday, October 5, 2015

Letter #65

My favorite thing about President Titensor is that he really cares for our well being. We have strict rules, but it is all for a reason. His love for us is felt when he talks.

A verse that has impacted me recently was Deuteronomy 4:9 Only take heed to thyself, and keep thy soul diligently, lest thou forget the things which thine eyes have seen, and lest they depart from thy heart all the days of thy life: but teach them thy sons, and thy sons’ sons;. It explains how I am seeing many things in my mission, many good, some bad. But all things I should apply and teach for generations to come. Also Moroni 10:32 Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God.

Well this week was good. We had more lessons and the Lord protected us from danger.  It wasn't anything too dangerous, but yesterday I was going to report to the zone leaders, while standing on the side walk after an appointment, they didn't answer and I saw some people on the other side of the street. I felt the Spirit say to go over by them and I assumed it was to contact them. We crossed the street and suddenly a big fight broke out right where we were previously standing. It was amazing because little things this week helped me to keep on pushing. Something that a member who just became active said was, "Lots of times we look for the excuses not to do something, (not to got to church, obey the commandments etc,) instead of seeing a reason to do those things. I applied that this week. Honestly this change has been one of my hardest. The area was "dead", the members didn't have faith, and to top it all off my companion doesn't help me...(he is basically here to pass the time). With those things it appears like my hardest area, but during this time I have not felt alone or abandoned. I have felt loved and supported by God, family, and friends. 

From the conference I loved a few things. One was the invitation from Larry B Lawrence to ask God what is impeding me from progressing. I tried it out and he was right. The Holy Ghost answers in a personal way and sometimes in a funny way. Also I thought about the messages. From a "Living in Utah" perspective some of the talks don't seem as necessary. D Todd Christofferson shared why we need to go to church. Something that in Utah is normal, here in Mexico its an essential message because a ton (even members) don't think its important or on the other hand think its all we have to do. 

My invitation has to do with some common trends from the conference. 1) Become what our Heavenly Father wants us to become. 2) Keep the Commandments, they are from a Loving Father. 3) Keep the Sabbath Day Holy. I have been realizing lately that I will have to change things when I get back, especially with my behavior on the sabbath day and music. The commandments from God bless us and help us become what we Must Become to return to Him. I invite you to analyze your behavior on the Sabbath and make the arrangements necesary to keep the sabbath day holy. 

Love you,
Elder Finlinson
                                         Andrew's Zone...Atotonilco South...Small but mighty!

No comments:

Post a Comment