Called To Serve

Called To Serve
Mexico, Mexico City North

Monday, November 2, 2015

Letter #69

People In my zone you would know are: Elder Candelario he is training to finish his mission (He is opening an area out in the middle of nowhere.) Also Elder Nelson (my companion´s trainer) you wouldn't know anyone else. 

A lot of times with the examples what we are doing is asking what their talents, interests and hobbies are and we do examples with those or things in their house. It works out well for the most part.

Dia de los muertos was a bit different. Here nobody sings a song to get treats they just say," Will you give me something for my skeleton?" The quesadilla with white stuff was cheese. They have different cheese here.

The miracle family was Luis, Karen, Francisco, Angel, and Gerardo. We also have 4 new baptismal dates Nancy, Cairo, Rosario, and Galilea.

My favorite area... As far as things to do in an area Alamedas. As far as the work goes Huehuetoca was awesome. I also like where I am right now. My companion and I are good friends. 

The zone meeting this week was the BOMB! We planned it the day before and in the morning before the meeting. We focused on the doctrine of who we are now and what we can become by faith, laws, and ordinances. Everything was sweet. In the end we do a practice to show the missionaries a bit of how to teach something. We taught a teenage girl, who some missionaries invited, about temples and how thanks to the restoration she can have an eternal family, but in the "practice" we both noticed it wasn't just a practice. It was a teenage girl who needs help too. She said her family isn't all members so we invited her to fast with us this Sunday so that her dad can have the opportunity to hear and accept the gospel. At the end of the practice we asked her how she felt. The spirit was sooo strong. She cried and thanked us for what we shared with her. It strengthened my testimony that we are teaching PEOPLE not teaching LESSONS. 

This week I remembered something that my bishop in Xalpa said. When Elder Bednar came here he talked in some stake conferences. Something that he said was, "What is most important to Jesus?" He said if you want to find out read "the Gospels" and every time it says "...for the kingdom of God is at hand", Jesus always says something that we must do. I have read half of Matthew and with that I would like to highlight just one of the things most important to Christ. 
I have already talked about this. The first thing Christ said in his ministry (Matthew 4) was Repent for the kingdom of God is at hand. In the footnotes it says that repent is a change of heart and mind, also a conversion. For Christ the first thing we must understand is that we must be converted! It is not enough to go through the motions. If you read in the Bible and the Book of Mormon with that in mind you will find many hidden treasures. My invitation is that you can read a talk from Elder Dallin H. Oaks called "The Challenge to Become" and that you can meditate on it. This message is changing my life every day, and I know it can change yours.

Love you,
Elder Finlinson
 Leadership counsel...(From his generation)
         Atlantes de Tula with Efrain (mission leader in Tultepec) and Laura from Tultepec.
Tula Atlantes

No comments:

Post a Comment