Called To Serve

Called To Serve
Mexico, Mexico City North

Monday, May 9, 2016

Letter #96

TRANSFERS!!!! We stay the same here in Ciudad Labor. I stay here with Elder Servin. The elders from Chilpa are from Oaxaca, Mexico, and Chandler, Arizona (look up "barney bites" on youtube and you will find him)
I wrote one letter to Alma Ramos from Tepeji. (She got baptized a few weeks ago). I sometimes talk with Elder Huxford to check up on things in Tepeji.
In these Last 6 weeks. I want to help someone get baptized and leave the area with lots of people to get baptized after I go. I also really want to have a more unconditional love for the people and see the worth of every soul like how God sees them. I also want to help the members to work and that the attendance can go up.

The time is flying, so we will have to pray that these last couple weeks go a bit slower haha. 
The mission is preparing me to serve all my life with all my heart. That choice isn't just a two year choice, its forever!

One of the most special things that happened this week was that we watched "Joseph Smith, the Prophet of the Restoration" with Fabiola. I had been reading Joseph Smith History and praying to strengthen my testimony of the restoration. I felt the spirit so strongly as I watched the movie. One part that really impacted me was when people had kidnapped and handcuffed Joseph and some other members. They started saying a bunch of bad stuff. Joseph stood up repremanded (I hope thats a word in English) them and then everything went quiet. They stopped saying bad things and Joseph said, "The worth of every soul is great in the sight of God". 
Two thoughts about that scene: 
1) In D&C 121:43 I think it says that we admonish and correct with the spirit and then show greater love to him who you have corrected so that he does not think you his enemy. We must invite people to repent because they are worth much for God, but we must show greater love after. 
2) Even with the way they were treating Joseph and the members he showed greater love towards them. He saw the worth their souls had and Loved them unconditionally. That is the pure love of Christ- Charity. Something we must all develop, because without it we are nothing (Moroni 7)
I invite you to show greater love to those who surround you and look to see the worth of every soul. I promise you that as you do, you will see the worth that you have for God. 
Love you,
Elder Finlinson

Tepalcapa Este Zone 
Sportin' their sombreo's!
 Alma Ramos' baptism. She was a lady that Elder Huxford and Andrew taught. She was baptized 2 weeks after Andrew was transferred. Elder Urrutia (another of Andrew's favorite companions is also in this picture.)
Pres. & Sis. Titensor with Alma Ramos


No comments:

Post a Comment