Called To Serve

Called To Serve
Mexico, Mexico City North

Monday, May 30, 2016

Letter #99

The zone conference went well. I directed it and the training went well. I didn't have a ton of time to teach, but it turned out well. I don't think I have a ton of extra things to fit in my suitcase. President Titensor did not give me permission to go to the place where a member would give me a shoe discount because 2 other companionship's were going to be there...so I don't know if I will be able to buy shoes.

My favorite book of scripture would be Mosiah 2-5 King Benjamin's speech and Alma 34-42 when Alma and Amulek teach a bunch of people... and parts of 3 Nephi.

I have only been separated from my companion in the mission offices, so it wasn't a big deal. Elder Urrutia hid himself one time while I was waiting and watching for the local transport. I was confused at the start until a nearby store sign (Elder Urrutia's hiding spot) started laughing.

Part of the Alegria family came to church this Sunday. From what I saw they enjoyed it! We are really excited for them!

I feel good about the work right now, we are working hard and looking for more new people. The members little by little seem to be more excited to work. The Relief Society went and visited the Alegría family. That was a big motivating factor to have them come to church.

Something that I loved this week was that I have learned a lot from the lessons that we have had because the spirit was the teacher. I learned about my baptismal covenant a lot. We promise to remember Christ always, to take his name upon us, and to keep his commandments. To be short, we promise to perfect ourselves in Christ or become more like him. As we keep our baptismal covenant we always should be looking for what we can do better and as we do so Christ will show us our weaknesses so that our weaknesses can become strengths.

I invite you to think more about your baptismal covenant and to perfect yourself in Christ

Love you,
Elder Finlinson

P.S. I might be going to visit old areas. Alamedas and Huehuetoca. I will see. I will go with Elder Fraser to Alamedas and then to Huehuetoca my companion will come with me. I will see how things go as far as writing on those days. I have to go in these next 2 Mondays. 

No comments:

Post a Comment