Called To Serve

Called To Serve
Mexico, Mexico City North

Monday, May 16, 2016

Letter #97

We will have a zone conference on May 24. It will be with a couple other zones. I will teach one part alone. The conference will have different topics. I will teach about Doctrine, Principle, Application. 

Fabiola talked with her mom about getting baptized. The situation still has not gotten resolved. Her mom got mad and called her ex husband to come and talk with Fabiola about her decision. Her dad did not show up and her mom is still ticked off. We will visit Fabiola today to see what all is going on. 

The rest of the investigators have not been progressing much. We can only see them once a week for their schedules and sometimes they aren't there when we go by. So basically we are looking for new investigators always.

My favorite part of this week was, yesterday we had an appointment with a family of less active members. They have not been sealed in the temple. We did an activity about preparing ourselves for the temple (a puzzle) then listened to a video of Thomas S. Monson talking about the temples. After that they started talking about the great experiences they had when they went to church and the spirit was felt very strongly. They now have a desire to work towards the temple as a family.

I´m enjoying the mission and we are working hard. We have found some people that can progress, but it will require time. 

This week I strengthened my testimony that God answers prayers if we look for answers. I was praying and studying to find an answer and a confirmation from God about some things. At the end of my study I found a big answer in a talk from General Conference from last April, then I received a call from a missionary in my zone that said he felt to tell me something. It was the answer I was looking for. ( I asked him if he wanted to share what he had been praying for, this was his answer: I was just feeling a little sad because I didn't feel like I was progressing or that I was seeing results. The talk was truly good and without guile. And the missionary called to tell me thanks for being there to help him and support him.)

God knows and loves us because we are his children. Ask and ye shall find, knock and it shall be opened unto you. That is a sure promise from a loving Heavenly Father. Try it!

Love you,
Elder Finlinson

No comments:

Post a Comment