Called To Serve

Called To Serve
Mexico, Mexico City North

Monday, October 27, 2014

Letter # 16 Great lessons on Christ.

Oh thank you for having me included in the magazine, that's very kind of you. (We will be featured in a local magazine on Christmas traditions. I told him we hold a picture of him so he would be included.)  Sounds like it was a good week! I kid you not the weeks fly by. It seems like it is Monday every 3 days. I did the math and I`m already 1/7 of the way done with my mission which is crazy. And when we talk at Christmas I will be almost 1/4 done! Basically that is crazy stuff. 

Well this week I had intercambios (exchanges) again. That day we had not set appointments, but somehow we had two lessons with members that day and put a baptismal date for a man named Sandro Hernandez. His family is all members, but he isn't. His date fell on Sunday though because he had work. The next day we had a lesson with Jose Luis and put another fecha,(date) his didn't fall. Then the next day Alejandra and Juan Manuel accepted a fecha bautismal. (Baptismal date) Their's fell on Sunday too because they didn't go. We are going to talk  with all these people later today to find out what happened. On Saturday I studied with an AP and a zone leader. It was way cool. In a one on one conversation Elder Bautista told me that I have been called of God specifically to work in this area. I have been prepared for this for a long time and now I`m here. That was way cool to hear. He also said that this is the hardest area in the whole mission. To have one lesson a week here is normal, but to have as many as we are (even though it isn't a ton) is amazing.

Seeing Ferrari's and stuff is just getting normal.

I studied Jesus this week and it was amazing. I did 4 studies. The first was when Christ was suffering in the Garden of Gethsemane. Even in His circumstance (betrayed by his own, suffering all, rejected by his own, and later killed) he still did the will of the Father. Then I looked at the ministry of Christ. The first word he said was "repent". I looked into why he would say this and I found that that was the best way he could have shown his love. Repent is a change to the will of God, to have hope, be filled with the love of God. Then I looked at John 21:15-17 (feed my sheep) we should all feed the sheep of Christ. "¿Pedro, me amas?" "Si SeƱor, tu sabes que te amo." "Apacienta mis ovejas." He said this 3 times. It's not an invitation or suggestion, he made it clear that if we say we love Christ there is only one option and that is feed His sheep. Then I looked at the birth of Christ. The shepherds and the wise men. The shepherds heard the good tidings (footnote says gospel) of great joy, that is for all people. Then they followed this. They made haste and saw the Christ child, then told everyone about Christ. The WISE men followed the star (light of Christ) in a dark sky (world). They said that they rejoiced when they saw the star.  Until they finally came to Christ and gave gifts. It is a little spin on it that I really liked. Its not doctrine, but I liked the relations in that story. 

They have Halloween on the 31st, 1st, and I think 2nd. I don't understand the holiday here. Everyone says its something different. It seems fairly similar. I don't know what we do on this day, hopefully get candy. I have to wait for zone conferences which we have once every three months I think.(in response to question of when they can get their packages.) We have one soon I think. 

Thats all folks
Love you,
Elder Finlinson 

No comments:

Post a Comment