Called To Serve

Called To Serve
Mexico, Mexico City North

Monday, December 15, 2014

Letter #23

 They will have a Christmas dinner party and Dance. It starts at 7 and ends at 11. So we won't be able to do much if anything. ( I asked if they were going to any ward parties.)

That's some flipping amazing weather I`m missing right now! I would love to see the temple lights. I have only seen them once maybe twice,and I was young when that happened so I don't remember much. I would also love to go to the temple. That is one thing I have wanted to do a lot. That's crazy that Connor(Geslin) left. My area right now is the area closest to the CCM in Mexico. Its like 40-50 minutes. Haha it looks like you probably should write to him every once in a while. I hope I was a good influence and a good friend... I really like that idea of who is Christ to you. It's a way to personalize Christ for each person. I should be able to get the package on Friday. On Friday we will have a Christmas devotional and my zone will sing 2 songs. Things I have eaten that I love is Guava Juice here. It is the best. I also like the carne asada and chorizo, it's tasty. There is also a type of spaghetti that is really simple with no sauce that I like. Also Tacos al Pastor. I can't describe it, but it's good. 

Mexico traditions are the Guadalupe day. One of the 12 days of December they celebrate the virgin with fireworks and other stuff. We had to be in casa at 5:00 that day. In December they have like 5 small holidays instead of Christmas. And also Christmas Eve is the biggest holiday in December, not the actual Christmas day. 

I had splits with Elder MacInnes this week. He barely speaks any spanish, but it went well. I was able to understand the people and communicate what was needed. I have actually been told like 4 times this week that my spanish is good. I still have an accent though apparently, that's one thing I want to change. The work this week was a bit harder because we had almost no time. We had meetings every morning this week. We worked with members though in the time we had. Even though almost all of our appointments fell, we were able to find other people to visit. The members are the key to mission work. Also we went to visit the less actives and inactives and we found some new people. Some of these people we don't know if they are baptized so we can maybe work on that. 

The highlight of this week was the whole zone went to Villa del Carbon. It's a little pueblo with a little branch there. All the wards went with missionaries to knock doors and sing songs to the people that answered. It's way up in the mountains and it reminded me a lot of Utah in the mountains which was awesome. Also where me and my companion went we hiked up the mountain to another part of the pueblo. It was sweet to go hiking too. The funniest and cutest thing happened though when the missionaries there brought over a little girl like 8 years old and they told me that she wanted to meet all the American missionaries. She was really shy about it, but it was cute.

Well talk to you next week.
Love you
Elder Finlinson
                                                               Andrew's district
                                     Some of the missionaries in Andrew's zone that went to Villa del Carbon.

No comments:

Post a Comment