Called To Serve

Called To Serve
Mexico, Mexico City North

Monday, December 22, 2014

Letter #24

Interview was good. (With the Mission President) We have them every 3 months. The Christmas Devotional was really good, our songs were really good. I have them recorded, but can't send videos so you´ll have to wait a couple months to see. We sang a combination of the First Noel and Away in a Manger, and after Silent Night (in Spanish obviously). For Christmas I don't know what we will do. We have a lot of invitations to member houses so we´ll see. Haha its all good, I dont need the gifts from home.(His Christmas package still hasn't arrived.) I honestly keep forgetting that its even Christmas soon. It's hot and every day feels regular. I have accidently almost put half our appointments on Christmas, but then I get reminded. I can skype for 40 minutes. Hopefully all goes well! According to the mission rules I can only call family. Sacrament was completely normal (started late and not many people (less and less every week)). 
That has got to be the coolest nursery lesson ever!! I actually teared up with that. 
 Connor pull it together, just take your braces off already, I don't know why you like them so much! Oh well I guess Cole likes braces too, so you two can be little twins. Hopefully Katie can be more tough than me, I babied my finger to the end of the earth haha. What happened to Grandpa? Tell all the grandparents I love them and I hope they´re ok.  Sweet for USU!!

Brief summary.

We did a service activity with the ward for the illegal immigrants headed for the United States from other countries, I felt very conflicted. We were doing service, but for people who were cast out of their country for being criminals and are headed to the US.
We had a ward party and Jose Luis went with one of his daughters that we invited. They said it was really fun. There was karaoke, dinner and a dance from 7-11:00 at night.
The we rocked the Christmas Devotional with our songs. 
Jose Luis story-
We felt the spirit really strongly in the lesson with him because we asked a lot more questions and in general followed the spirit completely. In the end we  invited him to baptism which he accepted saying "yes, I think I will be convinced by January 18." I responded "We dont want that, we want God to answer you so that you know." I invited him to pray asking specifically if this date he should be baptized in the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. He prayed with all his heart and the spirit filled the room even more, which I didn´t know was possible. At the end of the prayer he just sat there. I asked him how he felt and he just started to cry. He received his answer from God. The spirit really will guide you to what needs to be said and done. 
We also studied with the Assistants to the President. 

Solid week, Love you

Elder Finlinson
               Elder Candelario (Andrew's trainer), Andrew and Elder Toro (Andrew's trainee)
                                   A Christmas card from the First Presidency of the Church.
Alamedas, Prados and Valle Dorado zones at the Christmas Devotional.

No comments:

Post a Comment