Called To Serve

Called To Serve
Mexico, Mexico City North

Monday, February 1, 2016

Letter #82

FELIZ CUMPLEAÑOS KATIE!!

The world wide meeting was about the fundamentals of being a missionary and the doctrine of Christ. In the meetings with the stake president and mission president we talk about the wards and missionaries if they are progressing or not. 

I loved the humor of Great Grandpa Evans. His Christmas gifts of the magical white crew socks that made me run faster and jump higher were always the best. I could always outrun any girl. ha ha. 

This week was harder. Nobody was home for our appointments. Almost literally nobody. The good thing is that my health is good because we were walking a lot! We had the Zone meeting this week. We talked about the atonement and the plan of salvation. It was really good. I loved preparing by reading the talks from Bruce C. Hafen "The Atonement: All for All" or everything for everything (who knows what it is in English) The assistants came to the zone so we were a group of 31 missionaries.  I really do like teaching meetings like that. I don't like to do talks in church because I can't interact with the people, I just talk. I like to interact as I teach, it's better. 

Funniest thing... idk... Funnest thing Elder Toledo and I took apart 5 old video game machines for a service project. It was crazy!

One great story. Saturday after a day full of fallen appointments, members that said they would accompany us but didn't ever show up and wouldn't answer their phone, and a meeting that didn't have a point, we had an appointment with Juan Miranda. He has had doubts about the restoration and all his family says that he should go to different churches. He always goes to church and is living the commandments (but he has to get married legally still) when we arrived for the appointment a little tired, his first words were, "I understand the restoration!" He has read a lot of the Book of Mormon and he read Lehi´s dream (a dream he also had) and he kept reading and reading and he learned and understood why this is the church of Christ. He is scheduled to be baptized on Feb 14 if he can get married. 

An invitation is that you can analyze what you do on the Sabbath day. The focus of the church right now is that. They say that if we can really understand that commandment our faith will increase and we will be able to keep the other commandments. The Sabbath day is a sign between God and Us. I know that it can be a special day for all of us if we put the Lord first.

Elder Finlinson

 Part of my 'family': My brother, my son and a grandson. (I know his son is Elder Toro. The others not so sure.)
The video game machines he and Elder Toledo took apart.
A member in San Lucas has 6 pet peacocks and apparently lots of roosters too.

No comments:

Post a Comment